Dear Friends and Partners,
I wanted to share with our friends and partners an update that I recently received from one of my pastors. It is so important that we, as the body of Christ, are the hands and feet of Jesus. Not only do we need to preach the Gospel, but we need to BE the Gospel. I call it, “Putting sneakers to the Gospel”. Thank you to everyone who makes this possible.
Good afternoon Pastor,
I wanted to take a moment and reflect on the partnership between NDCC and WES. It is a joy and honor to serve the faculty and staff and the student body. Here are the NDCC Top 15:
- Faculty and Staff lounge renovation with new furniture and paint.
- Daily stocking of staff lounge with snacks and waters.
- Provided every student with a back pack filled with school supplies.
- Purchased Wheatley polo shirts for faculty and staff.
- Purchasing of weekly award for all students of the week.
- Provide gift cards and door prizes for PTA events.
- Provide a staff member from church to run and teach the Media Club.
- Provide weekly staff members from church to mentor through MY Brothers Keeper program.
- Provide staff members and volunteers from church to read in classrooms.
- Provided assistance to needy Wheatley families for Thanksgiving.
- Provided Christmas gifts to many classes for School Christmas party.
- Provided the refreshments and snacks for faculty and Staff Christmas party.
- Provided emotional and financial assistance to family of Wheatley student who tragically died. Worked with the school in meeting the needs of the family.
- Church staff sits on the Mayor’s Community Action Team representing the needs and concerns of Wheatley Elementary School.
- Church has a daily presence on the campus and is ready to assist wherever needed and to be the support for the Principal and his initiatives.
This was a good exercise for me to go through and see how the good people of NDCC are serving our adopted school. Thanks again for allowing us the privilege of being the hands and feet of Jesus to your campus.
For the Children,